8/2/11

Player Bio and Interview: Ilker Demirci

Nicknames: none
Year of birth: 1989 
Height: 5'8''
Jersey Number: #1/#89
Started playing Ultimate in: 2008            
Joined Goats in: 2008
How?: When I started college,I joined an American Football team. After about two months I had a back injury and I felt disappointed, unhappy.Then, one of my closest friends, Hüseyin (Camalan) took me to the ultimate practice and I loved the game.
Layouts, deep cuts are the best things in this game.


What were your best and worst moments in the team?
Best moment: The moment that we got the title in our team’s second year. Most of the good players had gone and  we didn’t think we were good enough to win. We were group of rookies but we won somehow. That’s why that championship is the most valuable one for me.


Worst moment: This year (When I was in Germany for Exchange), when I learned that Goats lost the title. I only wanted to drop the phone.Not being able to help friends was really painful.



What were the funniest things in the team?
- Hüseyin's support when he is not in the game.
- Elman’s (Mecid) playlist on his phone.


How do you see yourself as a player? What are your virtues and vices?
I was loving to play as a cutter and do deep cuts for over 40 yards.But I also want to improve my throws and be in a shape that I can also play as a secondary handler (for now).


What do you think would make the Goats a better team?

I think we need to be more organized on offense.We also need more concentration in the game,we may be easily affected when we concede 2 points in a row. And maybe we can add a little bit of passion, this will make us play more hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment