7/21/11

Player Bio and Interview: Cem Türkeri



Nicknames: Antuan 
Year of birth: 1987
Height: 6' 3"
Jersey Number: #3
Started winning by playing Ultimate in: 2010
Joined Goats in: 2010

How?: I was talking about sports with my English speaking teacher in prep school and she told me about ultimate frisbee. Thanks to my teacher, I wondered what this sport was about and I participated in practices.Since that day, I play ultimate :)

What were your best and worst moments in the team?
Best moment(s): In fact, every day I spent with my team is the best day. On the other hand, I do not remember any worst moment in the team.This is impossible :)


What were the funniest things in the team?
Sometimes at the end of the training day , we go and eat something and I never forget Şerife's (Gündoğan) cake and Garrett's (Hubing) cheesecake. Especially, everyone should taste Garrett's cheesecake.

How do you see yourself as a player? What are your virtues and vices?
I believe that I improved myself a lot nevertheless I have to improve my condition. This condition is not enough for me. In addition to this, sometimes I do timing mistakes while jumping,catching the disk and so on. Nevertheless these kind of problems can be compensated. On the other hand, for the first year, these problems are very normal for me. Therefore next years, everything will be better.

What are your current projects in terms of Ultimate?
I have to improve some tactics about the game. Such as vertical or horizontal stack. On the other hand, I have to learn layout. This is important for me because I want to be the best player like everyone else does.

What do you think would make the Goats a better team?
People playing consistently with a lot of determination - we don't usually push ourselves much in practice. That, and regular conditioning training.

How do you summarize your experience with the Goats?
It was probably the nicest thing that happened to me in college. I'am glad that I met Goats early. I'm sure  that, this team will always have a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment